Sunday, February 9, 2014

Bear Market ? No Way !

For the past 2 weeks, the investing world behaved as though the world is coming to an end. People were dumping everything in their portfolio. "Money is moving into bonds" cries the media "Sell your stocks and stay in cash" were the familiar screams beings echoed around the world.

What did I do?

Did I activate my stop losses? NO. In fact I canceled my stop loss orders

Did I stop trading? NO. In fact I kept buying adding new stocks to my portfolio almost everyday

Why? Is it because I have a crystal ball?

No, I don't have a crystal ball. What I do have is the technical knowledge to read charts. The charts tell me that we are in the beginning stage of a huge Bull market that will last another 2 years. Im not planning to miss this run. No way!

So, on my main page on the INVESTMENT CLUB SINGAPORE (ICS) website I indicated that my stop losses are around 5-10%. So why did I remove my stop losses?
Well its because strategy can change depending on a combination of factors. I saw that there was going to be a swing back and a quick bounce forward. I wouldnt want to get stopped out and lose 5-10% only to see it move back to the same levels a few days later.

That played out very well.

So, strategies can change, which is why I have decided to form this investment club. A community that could help each other achieve consistent profits through collective learning and adaptation of knowledge.

Join ICS and retire young, retire rich.

My personal goal is to hit 5 digits profits this year (2014) and my actions will be logged into this blog as it happens.

Dinesh Kumar
Investment Club Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment